Sunday, September 06, 2009

Summer trips

Gene and I had planned a trip to Huntington to visit with Birdie in mid-June. We ended up seeing her, but not at home. She fell and broke her shoulder so our visit was to the hospital. A few weeks later, we went back along with Greg in early July and she was doing much better. She is now back at home and has assitance daily from a visiting nurse program.

In early August Joe and Tania came to complete the trip that was cancelled earlier in the year due to bad weather. Aimee and Jason had lots of energy to share with us. In July, Jeremy was married in the Dominican Republic to Margaret Kemencei. In August Gene and I visited with Greg and Alli and then I flew to CT to visit with Sarah, Joe and Ethan. We all went to see Jeremy and Margaret in NY and celebrated little Jeremy's 11th birthday along with Margaret's daughter Ammy. Our visit was short, but we enjoyed seeing wedding photos over pizza and canolis.



Sarah took some vacation time and we visited places in CT that I never saw the whole time I lived there. Ethan is growing quickly and we enjoyed trips to Mystic Village & Acquarium, Action Wildlife park, Canton, South Windsor and local parks. I also visited with Paula, Hamdi, Leah and Adham. I was glad that I got to see Adham before he leaves for a year of study in Paris. We looked at the neighborhood where he will be staying via Google Earth and it looks like a very nice area.

Things should be quiet for a while and we will be getting ready for everyone's visit for Thanksgiving. If you're planning to be in the area, we hope that you will stop in for some turkey and pie.

Here are some pictures from recent trips:
August09CT


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home