A Day of Remembrance
A former coworker of mine was lost on 9/11. Today as I watched Fox News, I saw clips of names being read aloud. I heard some of the "B" names. It took at least 20 minutes until I heard some "G" names. There were interviews and TV commercials. There was a split screen with an interview on the left and someone reading names on the right. I listened intently as they were still reading the "G" names. Then I heard it. "Evan Hunter Gillette." Of all the other things I could have been doing at that moment, of all the other channels I could have been watching, of all the other names I could have heard read aloud, I heard Evan's name called out. Evan was a man of gentle spirit and kindness. Although I did not know him well, I will always remember him. God bless all those we lost on that day and God grant peace and comfort to the loved ones they left behind.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home